There are two departments that deal with employment in the UK: the Home Office (HO) and the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). The HO is in charge of considering applications to remain in the UK and issuing visas. Whereas the DWP deals with pensions and child maintenance.

The DWP also offers a number of subsidies and financial support to those unemployed and unable to work in the UK. Some of the help you can apply for includes the Jobseeker’s Allowance, Universal Credit, and the Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).

At we explore the available benefits so you can see if you are eligible and learn how to access them.

Employment Support

There are a number of benefits designed to offer protection to those who are unemployed or unable to work.Find out more here.

Some topics that might interest you

Work in the UK


After Brexit, non-Britons needs to apply for a visa permit to work and live in the UK. Find out what you need to know here.



Are you unemployed and looking for work? See what type of assistance you qualify for and learn how to apply.



Find out about pensions and everything else you should know to plan for your retirement. Learn about early retirement and more.

Other Support for Workers

other support for workers

See what other support you can access if you are working in the UK.